Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Story--The Beginning

I would be finishing my Master's Degree in June, so we decided to start trying. In an effort to prepare my body, I stopped taking BC in October, but we weren't having unprotected sex until January. I also started taking a prenatal vitamin daily. After being on BC since 2002 (more on that later), I thought it reasonable to allow my body time to cleanse itself of all the extra hormones. I was having regular cycles Oct-Jan, so all systems were go. 

One of my besties texted me on New Year's Day "Happy Babymaking!" So many of my sweet friends had told me they got pregnant quicker than they thought, I thought it would likely be just as easy for me. And, January, Febuary, March and April went by.

Around this time, a friend of mine passed Taking Charge of Your Fertility to me. She had a bun in her oven, and attributed it all to reading the book, charting her cycle, and and one month of Clomid. This book opened my eyes to charting my cycle through temperature, vaginal fluid, and cervical position. I learned so much about my body and my cycle that no one ever told me. In fact, several of my friends who have read it agree this book should be required reading for every married woman. (I'll have a whole blog dedicated to this book soon.)

My first chart revealed that I had a cycle that lasted 72 days. Most of March, April and May went by without ovulation (an anovulatory cycle).  First signs of distress, and cue my first doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment