One thing I really hate about moving is finding new doctors, new dentists, new dry cleaners and new stylists. But, I really lucked out with this new doctor. I'll confess, I want to be her BFF.
When I went into Dr. P's office, armed with my one cycle of charting (a la Taking Charge of Your Fertility) and showed her that I was on day 72 of my cycle, she suggested we do a quick pregnancy test to be safe. Even thought I had taken a test the morning before, my heart beat quickly as I was waiting for the results. It was negative, and I had suspected. Step two was the vaginal ultrasound. Dr. P came into the ultrasound room with me; and when the technician told her it might be a minute, she said, "I'll wait in here, I don't want to miss this." :)
Although it all looked like static to me, the ultrasound revealed my chocolate chip cookie cysts that "are consistent with PCOS." Up until this minute, I had never heard of PCOS.
Dr. P wanted me to continue to chart my cycle, adding ovulation predictor tests, and return in three months. She gave me a bit of hope at the end of our hour long appointment, saying, "You might even be pregnant by then."
No comments:
Post a Comment